- We had plans to watch Game of Thrones.
- You never showed up.
SHORT ANSWER (1-2 sentences each)
- What, to you, constitutes as setting a plan with someone? Does it come with any rules? Do you always reserve the right to cancel without calling/texting?
- When you don’t answer my phone calls, especially when we have plans, why do you get mad at me for texting? (Consider: I wouldn’t text if you answered the phone.)
- At what point did you decide that you weren’t coming over? Did you think that you should call or text to notify me of your cancellation at that time? Why or why not? Be specific.
- By doing these things, are you trying to “get back at me” for something in a passive-aggressive way? If so, what are you trying to get back at me for? Is it the mere fact that I have expectations of you?
- Why is it so hard for you (or feel so constraining to you) to make a simple call or text? Why does such a small obligation feel like such a huge one for you?
- Do you understand:
- how I look forward to seeing you all day?
- what your words mean to me and
- how I always take them to heart?
- Do you resent me for how much I care about you? Do you realize that you use that care against me?
- Why don’t you feel guilty?